Almaisam
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

Almaisam

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

memos from one muslim

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
ياسمين الشام
المشرفة العامة
المشرفة العامة
ياسمين الشام

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 355
العمر : 47
العمل/الترفيه : معلمة رياضيات
تاريخ التسجيل : 18/01/2010

memos from one muslim Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: memos from one muslim   memos from one muslim Icon_minitime1السبت أبريل 17, 2010 4:54 pm

When young Muslims meet others for the first time and find out that they are Muslim, often one of the very first questions they ask each other is, "Do you pray?" It's as if this is their touchstone to see if the person they have met is a real Muslim or not. Calling yourself Muslim is one thing, being a Muslim is something else. We all know deep down, don't we, that praying five times a day is at the heart of Islam? It is one of the things that distinguishes a Muslim from everyone else in the world; that all the activities of life can be made significant by the cycle of prayer and praise which we offer to Almighty Allah. So why, then, do we have such a problem being faithful to
prayer?

I performed `Umrah for the first time last April. It was one of the most important experiences of my life and it is still having its effects on me now. Being so close to the Ka`bah was a deeply moving experience. Being at the very place where our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), like all the prophets before him, had walked and prayed, was amazing. One of the things that hit me most about being in Makkah, amongst so many others, was when the call to Prayer sounded for Fajr, the Dawn Prayer. Thousands of people appeared from every direction and headed towards the Ka`bah for prayer. Getting up in the middle of the night wasn't difficult at all, because the experience of praying at the Ka`bah was so moving. At the time, moving with the vast crowd, I couldn't help thinking about what it is usually like back home. Those getting up and going to the mosque for the Dawn Prayer are certainly a minority, aren't they? Away from Makkah, it is all too easy to ignore the Adhan completely and stay in the comfort of one's bed.
At special times like Ramadan, or when we go on pilgrimage, it seems so much easier to be faithful to prayer and to take Islam so much more seriously. How many of us, for example, attended Tarawih Prayers in the mosque during Ramadan, even though we might occasionally miss one or two of the obligatory prayers? It's one of life's paradoxes that we want so much to be good, and yet we find ourselves falling into the same old traps and doing things we later regret.

" Transferred from Islam on line web site "
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

memos from one muslim
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» HOW TO BECOME A MUSLIM
» Muslim bastion
» new muslim stories
» An Excellent poem about the Muslim Woman
» The straight path:::The Muslim believe towards the divine decree of Allah

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
Almaisam :: ~*¤ô§ô¤*~English forums~*¤ô§ô¤*~ :: Eminence Almaisam definition of Islam-
انتقل الى: